Linda suffers from high blood sugar, so her doctor has prescribed some medications to be taken throughout the day. However, Linda misses some doses, and sometimes, her condition triggers. Like Linda, many patients forget their medications, which could be fatal. Writing down notes or asking loved ones to remind them about medications has been a common way for patients to be reminded of their doses. Medication tracking software can make things much simpler to handle. A medication process tracking software can notify patients and provide medication reminders to take their pills. If any dose is missed, family members also receive a notification through medication tracker apps.
In this way, a medication tracker app can solve the problem of patients like Linda. Medication reminder apps also alleviate a source of stress for patients and their families. Medication tracking software can promote better medication management and reduce the workload for doctors. This article will provide you with the necessary information you need to build a medication tracker in 2022.
Top 5 features of a medication tracking software
1. Medication reminders
Medication error tracking software has a pill reminder and medication tracker feature that allows users to set a reminder for medicines. Custom medication tracking software reminds patients of the required times of the day, be it morning, afternoon, or evening doses. The reminder feature of patient medication tracking apps ensures that the users do not miss out on a single dose. A pill reminder app must be integrated with this feature to remind patients to take their pills on time effectively. Prescription reminder apps can also come with a snooze option that reminds users about medications later. A medicine tracker app allows patients to set the date and time, and in this way, the users can make the most of it to keep them on track.
2. Prescription and drug monitoring systems
One of the core features of medication tracking software is to make users aware of the details of medicines and their information. Medication management apps allow patients to organize whole pill names in a single place by utilizing the auto-complete function. Additionally, medication management software can send notifications to the users for taking the prescribed medications. Using medication tracking software, patients can track their health conditions, including blood pressure, blood glucose, body weight, and temperature. All electronic medical records and electronic health data can be shared with the doctors and stored in one place through medication reminder apps. This medication software tracking solutions feature also offers a platform where the user does not need to visit the doctor. It also allows the patient medication management to store doctor and pharmacy contact information, create a to-do list, and import medication lists from drugstore accounts.
3. Medication alerts
Timely refill alerts are an essential feature of patient medication management software that is about helping users to ensure that they would not run out of pills. It also warns when it is time to order a medicines refill. This core feature of a patient medication tracking system is highly recommended during pill reminders and medication tracking software development. You will be ahead of the competition by including this feature in your medication reminder apps.
4. Tracking history
This feature of medication management solutions must be included to allow app users to track the history of medications taken in the past or the last week. This feature in medication tracking software leads to a unique medication management app development. It provides ease of experience to users of the medication reminder software. It would help if you remembered to add this feature to your tracking technology in medication.
5. Inviting caregivers
While developing a medication tracking software, it is essential to include a feature that enables users to invite their caregivers to share what they are up to in their medications. Including this feature in medication tracking software helps caregivers track them through the pill reminder app.
Steps for developing a medication tracking system
1. Define the scope
- Discuss the scope of your medication tracking software with a team comprising a competent PM, an experienced IT architect, and a team of business analysts who are experienced in the healthcare sector.
- Conduct a series of discussions with the business stakeholders and your team to define the scope of the overall medication management app.
- When doing so, offer a cloud-based Android and an iOS app having features similar to Medisafe.
- Create a website for your practice management that offers enough information about your healthcare practice and the apps.
2. Project planning
- To achieve high patient engagement and better health analytics, it is crucial to plan the medication tracking software meticulously.
- Formulate a success-oriented app development approach that can securely handle health informatics.
- Make sure it is compatible with integrated care or collaborative care services.
- Use cloud platforms to implement healthcare interoperability and improved functionality like in telehealth apps.
- Develop native Android and iOS apps to offer the best user experience and performance.
- Utilize reputed third-party API solutions for non-core features and build your APIs to implement the core features and medical records management.
- Find a mobile device on the cloud that can test healthcare automation and deal with EHRs.
- Incorporate PHIs to ensure HIPAA compliance and security in the application.
- Onboard and organize your development team, comprising the UI/UX designers, software programmers, developers, testers, and DevOps engineers.
3. Procure tools for design
- Acquire the market’s leading third-party APIs for displaying drug information in the mobile apps of medication tracking software.
- Test your app against a wide range of devices, for which you need a mobile device lab on the cloud.
- Ensure you have the right PM tool that allows you and your team to focus on the processes and activities that deliver value to customers.
4. Project execution and tracking
- The execution and tracking of a medication tracking software should start with API development that needs to be documented.
- Manage the development, staging, and production environments when building your APIs.
- Design a user-friendly UI/UX of the medication process tracking software.
- Create an elegant website that draws more users.
- Develop a plan for your Android app.
- Integrate the APIs with the software program.
- Utilize a real-time dashboard for tracking the app development.
If you plan to create a medical inventory tracking software in 2022, this guide will help you launch it successfully. OSP can also help you integrate the advanced features in medication tracking software based on your requirements. Our expert software developers can build a medicine tracker app from scratch.