Governments and countries are struggling to control the virus. The threat to the medical system is high. Even in a semi-functioning state, certain companies have evolved with offerings of cloud computing in healthcare. Through philanthropic efforts, they have put service to humanity as their primary goal. Here is a list of healthcare companies that deserve mention for their healthcare cloud solutions and patient engagement systems.
1. Cytosorbents – A company that specializes in immunotherapy and Cytosorb – a blood purification technology for critically-ill cardiac patients. The company has created investigational medical devices for treatment alternatives to critical patients as patient engagement solutions. To supply CytoSorb devices, the company has been manufacturing 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is in challenging times like these that the company has stood out for their extraordinary efforts for patient engagement in healthcare.
2. Think Research – This company offers innovative solutions that reduce costs, inefficiencies and increase operational effectiveness in clinical workflows. Think Research has set its mark in improvised clinical pathways and higher patient outcomes through its telehealth solutions. As the outbreak engulfed America, the company has developed clinical tools to support healthcare organizations stay up-to-speed with Covid-19 best practices. These include advanced telehealth solutions that allow physicians to provide safe and effective virtual care to patients for remote health monitoring. It further provides evidence-based order sets for efficient and quick response to Covid-19 patients, customized decision support tools for the pandemic, and offers telehealth software solutions for effective clinical management.
3. U.S. Govt + Yext – In partnership to build a Covid-19 information hub, which includes travel alerts and advisory information supply, this effort is crucial toward maintaining population health. Citizen queries are accessible for seamless decision-making. This solution has ensured to save as many lives as possible, along with measures on how to keep family members safe. The commitment to providing updated critical information is an exemplary example of aid during an emergency situation. Relevant entities and government agencies receive free access to the information hub, to be able to use it to fight the pandemic in the most efficient manner.
4. Google + Apple – To cope with the demands of the Covid-19 crisis, Apple and Google have engaged in a contract tracing Bluetooth-based tool. It aims to identify potential cases of the virus through an interface design of remote patient monitoring. Deployed in apps to provide an automated notification, it ensures user privacy. Furthermore, it includes a library of reference codes for healthcare organizations to cope with emergencies and potential responses. The technology is a remote patient monitoring solution that tracks those who have come in contact with COVID-positive patients. It is a boon to controlling the surge in infections.
5. Gyant – This company has played its part by developing a screener and emergency response assistant to deal with the novel coronavirus. This automated technology provides information and care management through its remote patient monitoring system. The virtual assistant accesses and provides information relevant to assessing relative risk via remote health management. It works across many devices and browsers for enhanced accessibility. Live chat features increases engagement. Additionally, it offers suggestions and recommendations based on CDC guidelines within minutes. Thereafter, it routes the customer to the appropriate agency for further action.
6. UnitedHealth Group + Microsoft – With the development of a screening app, called ProtectWell, to offer a daily symptom screener, this effort has delved into remote monitoring healthcare. It assists with clearing employees for work or with notifying them if they are at risk for infection. As the economy struggles back to normalcy, this technology development adheres to the new security requirements of safety that goes above safety checks. Moreover, it ensures that the rates of infections do not soar after easing lockdowns. The service is free of charge to U.S. employees in a massive effort to do their bit in controlling the pandemic.
7. Innovaccer – As the cases continued to rise in the U.S., virtual care access turned into a crucial need. Innovaccer has stepped up to the challenge of supporting the healthcare system. This enabled through a Covid-19 Remote Management System to support early community-based triage through automated technology. It assesses, monitors, educates, treats, and creates a safe environment for healthcare staff. Also, it allows patients to check their personal risk level, along with combatting anxiety through population education. This system also offers navigation towards the appropriate course, based on personal situations, for integrated healthcare management.
8. Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard – They offer a CRISPR-based molecular diagnostics system. It allows speedy detection at a low cost. To be able to reopen the economy, the need of the hour was rapid and wide-spread testing. Toward this end, the team focuses on deploying CARMEN-Cast13 technology to tackle the current outbreak. Along with associations with the government and other corporate partners, large-scale testing is being rolled out. Through the correct instrumentation and manufacturing systems, integrated healthcare solutions allow strong action and pursue a positive impact on the current outbreak.
9. Bluedot – This company has emerged as a leader in risk prediction analysis. It is a pioneer in identifying the emerging risk from the novel coronavirus when it erupted in the Hubei province. They have confirmed their strong capability as a global early warning system for infectious diseases. Through proprietary models, the company predicted the global spread of the virus and disseminated real-time insights to the related agencies of the potential risks. The company further continues to offer meaningful insights into the risks involved to assist in decision-making. This outbreak risk software has offered aid in government decisions to control the spread of the virus.
10.MIT – This company created an AI-powered device to allow doctors to remotely check Covid-19 positive patients as a hospital management system. Enabled through the monitoring of systems by doctors of patients who are out of reach, it catches wireless signals from the human body. They are then translated and analyzed through intelligent algorithms that infer breathing rate, sleep patterns, and abrupt movements. The system, EMERALD, monitors chronic diseases and is now useful for the novel coronavirus as an online patient management system. This device allows for medical distancing and reduces the risk of healthcare professionals. High-risk elderly patients have benefited through this technology as caregivers passively gather and analyze their data. This form of telemedicine of integrated health solutions is a wise investment in hospital management software.
As we encounter and adapt to the new normal of social distancing to battle infectious diseases, virtual realities seem to be the answer for the future. Telehealth and remote caregiving technologies are an avenue worth exploring for healthcare organizations to stay ahead in the game.
How can we help?
Fill out the short form below or call us at (888) 846-5382
Looking for software solutions to build your product?
Let's discuss your software solutions for your product in our free development acceleration call!Get In Touch arrow_forward
Discuss Your Project Handover with a team of expert Book a free consultation arrow_forward
Signupfor biweekly insights
Written by Riken Shah linkedin
Riken's work motto is to help healthcare providers use technological advancements to make healthcare easily accessible to all stakeholders, from providers to patients. Under his leadership and guidance, OSP Labs has successfully developed over 600 customized software solutions for 200+ healthcare clients across continents.