In this digital age, people read eBooks and digital newspapers, create documents using word processing software programs, exchange information through emails, and use plastic money for purchases. But now and then, you may chance upon an individual checking their list of appointments in a diary, ticking an achievement in a hand-written goal chart, writing a to-do list on a sticky note, or marking an important date on the wall calendar.
Regardless of the way an individual chooses to consume information, one thing is for sure – everyone wants to view data visualization at-a-glance and in a simplified format. And that led to the invention of dashboards!
A dashboard is a component of a graphical user interface that provides an overview of important metrics for a specific business. This article explores healthcare dashboards and how these dashboards can help healthcare providers to gain a better understanding of the financial and clinical side of healthcare goals.
Major Benefits of Healthcare Dashboards for Healthcare Providers
Dashboards started as a tool primarily used to capture real-time data and analyze data trends effectively in place of manual, lengthy, and complicated reports. However, with time, dashboards have evolved, and intuitive dashboards, especially in healthcare, give precise and timely data visualization methods following government standards that help in improving patient experiences.
People at different levels within a healthcare facility require a lot of information from various sources. A personalized healthcare dashboard that integrates crucial patient-related and other operational data into a seamless interface will make life easier for healthcare providers. Equipped with these rational insights and correct interpretation of information, healthcare providers can make informed clinical decisions.
Healthcare providers stand to benefit from healthcare dashboards as they:
- Enhance reporting and data analysis by combining data from operations, care quality, decision hurdles, contracting, and other areas
- Minimize inefficiencies, like missing or inaccurate data or data redundancy
- Provide valuable insights into the hospital’s commercial efficacy and the trends in patient satisfaction scores
- Promote transparency within a healthcare facility and create a collaborative environment among peers, specialists, and other staff members
Types of Healthcare Dashboards
To provide quality care to patients, healthcare organizations need to monitor several healthcare metrics. Parallelly, they are required to keep an eye on costs, maintain regulatory standards, and decrease patient wait times. A custom-built executive dashboard can help to solve all these challenges.
Interactive healthcare dashboards are designed to track the progress and efficiency of various projects and may differ in terms of functionality and visual representation.
Some of the dashboards currently used by healthcare providers are Clinical Dashboards, Healthcare Organization Dashboards, Patient Dashboards, Healthcare Provider Dashboards, and Quality Dashboards.
6 Healthcare Dashboards for better insights
Healthcare facilities need to leverage all the information they receive, and this is possible with the help of in-depth, comprehensive dashboards.
Here are six solutions designed by OSP for the management of critical healthcare data such as claim management, medical billing, population health, telehealth, and more.
- Population Health Analytics – The primary goal of healthcare providers is to provide value-based quality care to patients. With this tool, you can identify patient populations, measure the care provided to these patient populations, and accordingly plan on how to deliver the best care to them through CDSS
The late-binding data model in the customized population health analytics solution helps for faster and efficient extraction of data from multiple data sets.
The smart risk stratification models help to segment the patient population into high, moderate, and low health risk tiers. It also helps predict risk scores and allows you to create patient-specific care plans and understand population health management trends.
You can also asses the entire risk-based population to identify specific cohorts such as high-risk patients, patients with chronic disease, and patients in need of primary prevention interventions.
This solution includes a variety of dashboards, including the consolidated report of a patient’s medical history, which contains previous medical diagnoses, emergency room visits, hospital stays, healthcare management, and medication.
- Practice Management – OSP’s healthcare practice management solutions track, manage and optimize administrative and financial healthcare business processes. The user-friendly task management feature gives you timely reminders of all the relevant information so you can communicate effectively and offer good quality care to the patients.
This practice management system provides detailed and comprehensive reports that include the patients’ performance, services rendered, and other parameters.
Dashboards provide healthcare providers access to patients’ data so they can schedule medical appointments anytime, control their upcoming appointments, track tests, and check-ups.
- Payer Claim Management – A customized medical claims management software can uncomplicate the tedious healthcare claims management process. OSP’s comprehensive and flexible billing claim processing system with multiple models of claims integration helps you track bills, payments, and annual deductibles automatically.
OSP can program the claims management software with pre-configured coding rules and improve provider payment transparency by sharing claim edit rules, source data, and complete clinical rationale for potential claim edits with providers through your payer’s website.
OSP’s solution automates the claims status management by retrieving the claims status data from the payers and generating a list of approved, rejected, and denied claims.
The easy-to-use and intuitive reporting dashboards help healthcare providers in real-time performance management and to visualize the most common reasons for claim denials and rejections.
- Medical Billing – Medical billing usually involves verification of the patient’s insurance eligibility, medical coding, bill generation, payment posting, and collection of balance or overdue payments, among other things.
OSP’s medical billing solution uses systems that automate most manual tasks with provisions for changes and edits. It establishes a smooth, fast, and more efficient workflow in the medical business process and provides error-free data.
This end-to-end solution simplifies the billing and claims process eliminating the need for entering data manually and processing claims at a faster rate. The predictive analytics solution can review health claims and highlight the ones that are prone to rejection.
- mHealth Patient Monitoring – mHealth apps capture and present patient data in easy-to-read and understand formats that can help providers bridge the current gap in patient engagement.
OSP’s remote patient monitoring system regularly monitors a patient’s physiological parameters such as Blood Pressure (BP) and heart rate. In case of any irregularities, the system sends an email and a text message to the patient’s physician.
The integration of the remote patient monitoring system with wearable gadgets such as camera fitted wearable glasses, hearing aids, and cardiac electronic devices are possible for early detection and timely treatment.
It is possible to design the system to send reminders to physicians about their virtual visits with their patients, meetings with other doctors, pathologists, and physicians. They can attend these meetings from anywhere, anytime, using an internet connection.
- Telehealth – Healthcare providers are looking for smarter and advanced telehealth systems for better efficiency and automation of time-consuming processes and better healthcare management.
OSP offers a customized telehealth platform, with a host of features including telemedicine, appointment reminders, patient scheduling, and digital patient intake forms. Our solution simplifies the transmission of digital images so a provider can make a diagnosis without meeting the patient in person saving time, and money.
Customized healthcare payment systems can easily handle patient payments and co-payments, and the collections worklists and denial tracking tools help you manage account receivables.
Strategic decision-making is critical for an organization’s success in the complex healthcare industry, and the right healthcare dashboards can help you achieve that success. Healthcare dashboards are essential not just for clinicians, hospital administration, and improvement teams but also for investors and grantors. Invest in customized dashboard templates that are user-friendly and help you to understand and interpret how the various datasets affect your project or department or the organization as a whole.
OSP is a trusted software development company that delivers bespoke solutions as per your business needs. Connect with us to hire the best talents in the industry to build enterprise-grade software.
How can we help?
Fill out the short form below or call us at (888) 846-5382
Looking for software solutions to build your product?
Let's discuss your software solutions for your product in our free development acceleration call!Get In Touch arrow_forward
Discuss Your Project Handover with a team of expert Book a free consultation arrow_forward
Signupfor biweekly insights
Written by Riken Shah linkedin
Riken's work motto is to help healthcare providers use technological advancements to make healthcare easily accessible to all stakeholders, from providers to patients. Under his leadership and guidance, OSP Labs has successfully developed over 600 customized software solutions for 200+ healthcare clients across continents.